Thursday, March 16, 2006

Nice Cops

In the past I have had mixed feelings about cops. But on my drive back from Washington D.C. the Cops have added a point to the positive side of the score board. While driving back I was in a southern NY town and I was pulled over for speeding. I will not disclose how fast I was going but lets just say my Father would be ashamed. Anyways the cop explained to me the ramifications of my pending speeding ticket. I started getting nervous by the words that were coming out of his mouth..."court, 4 points on license, fines". He then went on to explain the legal consequences of not wearing your seatbelt. After all the explaining he proceeded to ask me a yes or no questions, which he told me to think about before I answered. He then asked me if I was wearing my seatbelt when I passed him. I didn't think and immediately answered, "Yes"! He said "Maam, you didn't think about the question". He said a seatbelt violation was only $50 and no points on my license. Despite my very honest answer he gave me a seatbelt violation ticket. Did I mention that the cop was kinda cute. So I lucked out on that one.

No comments: