Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting Out

This past Sunday was very difficult for me. In the morning I got up to go to church. My sister told me that she wasn't feeling well and needed me to teach her Sunday School class. So during the first meeting of church I had to prepare my lesson. The lesson turned out alright and no harm done. I always enjoy teaching anyways.
Then when I got home I was feeling traped in my house. I made a very pathetic phone call to a friend of mine asking her if she was willing to save me from bordom. She was very gracious and allowed me to come over. It was a beautiful day so we went for a long walk. It was exactly what I needed. What would life be with out friends? I don't even want to imagine.
On Monday my sister and I went shopping because we had no food in our house. It was quite the spectical to see. As we walked through the grocery store we each would slip a little something into the basket that we didn't want the other one to see. We had been out of food for so long our inner child stepped up and made several impulse buys. We bought things like, popsicles, a flat iron, a piture, expensive orange juice and rice pudding to top it all off. Sometimes I just love being an adult because I can buy whatever I want at the grocery store. What amazing freedom that is!!

No comments: