Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Getting in Shape

So last night I decided to mix up my workouts. I usually just go for a 30 minute jog a few days a week. Nothing special. But I read this article in "Runners" magazine that said by doing sprint workouts a person could increase their overall race times and shrink their waist line. So I was very excited to put this sprint workout to the test. So I jogged over to the closest high school track (about a half mile away). On the straight part of the track I would sprint as hard as I could and then walk the curves. I have come to realize that very few adults run as hard as a they can on a regular basis if ever. I was trying to justify why I couldn't even finish 100 yards at full speed. Anyways, as the high school kids started to mill around the parking lot, I became painfully aware that I looked like a pathetic old person trying desperatley to get into shape. After each sprint I was huffing and puffing like I smoked my entire life. I am proud to state that I finished my workout despite the young students watching.

1 comment:

J said...

I tried your sprint method tonight. Sprinting is tough, but the regular jog seems so much easier after the sprint. JennyLyn