Monday, July 07, 2008

July 4th Reunion

My cousin and is cigar (he smokes them at every reunion)

Cathy & I on the Rhino

My Great Aunt Dot on the right

Fishing pond Below

70+ year old man in middle

For the 4th of July weekend, my sister and I went to the annual family reunion held in Cullpepper, VA. Some highlights of the family reunion(in no particular order):

1. Being hit on by a 70+ year old man (not related to me)

2. Going on two atv/rhino rides through my cousin's 400 acre farm

3. Eating good southern cooking

4. Seeing my Great Aunt Dot who is my Grandfathers sister.

5. Spending time w/my Dad and sister

6. Catching three fish in my cousin's fishing pond (and releasing them back)

7. Seeing pictures of myself and my grandparents from when we were much younger

8. Holding a navy seal hand pistol w/a silencer and a semi-automatic machine gun (my cousin loves guns)
If you can't tell, I'm related to some serious Southerners. They are the best and so loving. I'm happy to be a part of the family.

My Cousin's farm house was built in the late 1700's and I took some pictures of the foundation of the old slave quarters, as well as the house itself w/some party tents out front.

3 comments:

Julie W said...

That's Awesome! Ryan has a bunch of "country folk" on his dad's side of the family. Most of them are in Tennessee and we haven't met them, but I imagine there would be similarities. :-)

brentandkashann said...

That's awesome! i love old houses and wish I too had some southern cousins.

Halo BW said...

What a good day!

https://www.cekaja.com/info/fitur-unggulan-kartu-kredit-bri-jcb-platinum